[SOLVED] Why is my new GPU slower than my old one?

Mar 23, 2020
I bought an RX 570 from ASUS, and I had a AMD HD 4850, and somehow, it's way slower in games than my old one. I have 12GB of DDR3 RAM, a Acer FX58 mainboard, and a i7 920. I don't want to use my old one, because its too slow, and I don't have the money for a new pc.

Solution
I dunno, I dont have money but it says max output 530w

Look on the power supply, there should be several voltage rail amp ratings. Find the one listed under 12 volt and multiply the amps x 12, that is about what your power supply will output to the heavy use components. A good quality power supply will be very close to the max rating with that 12 volt rail. A cheap one will be more like half to 3/4.

You should not be getting 1/6th the frame though, did you connect the video cable to the video card when you swapped it or maybe you have it in the motherboard?
I dunno, I dont have money but it says max output 530w

Look on the power supply, there should be several voltage rail amp ratings. Find the one listed under 12 volt and multiply the amps x 12, that is about what your power supply will output to the heavy use components. A good quality power supply will be very close to the max rating with that 12 volt rail. A cheap one will be more like half to 3/4.

You should not be getting 1/6th the frame though, did you connect the video cable to the video card when you swapped it or maybe you have it in the motherboard?

Solution
Mar 23, 2020
Look on the power supply, there should be several voltage rail amp ratings. Find the one listed under 12 volt and multiply the amps x 12, that is about what your power supply will output to the heavy use components. A good quality power supply will be very close to the max rating with that 12-volt rail. A cheap one will be more like half to 3/4.

My CPU doesn't have integrated graphics, so if I did, I would probably get no video output, and yes, I put it in my GPU, don't worry :)