Why is my new GTX 760 getting same average fps as my old GTS 450?

TwistedChimera

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Full Specs:
AMD Phenom 2 x4 965
GTX 760
1600x900 resolution
4 GB

I updated my drivers to 320.49, reinstalled DX and somehow I still get 35 fps in battlefield 3 on ultra and 55 fps on low.

Solution

Pure clock rate is not the end of the story. A modern 3.4GHz i5 is A LOT faster than yours due to greatly greatly improved IPCs.

My suggestion : Overclock the CPU and see if there is some improvement.

Pure clock rate is not the end of the story. A modern 3.4GHz i5 is A LOT faster than yours due to greatly greatly improved IPCs.

My suggestion : Overclock the CPU and see if there is some improvement.

Solution
62C is max spec.

Your CPU should not be holding you back much, if any, unless you are online with a 64-player map. If this is the case, try switching to a 32-player map and note any improvements.

You should also bump your IMC/NB to a minimum 2400MHz to improve memory bandwidth and latency. This should be easily accomplished with the NB Vid at 1.2v, or less.

I also would consider calling shens on a GTS450 getting 35 fps in BF3 on Ultra.

BF2, maybe, with your detail dialed back.

Seems like a small improvement. I know Metro is insane on the CPU requirement. Even my 3570K at 4.7Ghz experiences dips on that damned map with so many players.

TwistedChimera

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Well that was sniping at the back (US side). Just went into another map and I have 34 fps looking at the battle and 74 looking away. If my cpu was bottlenecking wouldn't there be no min max?

Run resource monitor in the background, then after 10 mins check RAM + CPU usage.

Keep in mind 200MHz is barely an OC.