[SOLVED] Why is my new pc blackscreening after gigabyte logo?

Nov 17, 2021
When I added a new mb, cpu, and ram, I tried booting my system and it just blackscreened the gigabyte logo. I have tried reinstalling windows but it ends the same. Can someone help me?

Solution
Do I need a usb stick for that? Also I have a ssd if that matters.
HDD/SSD doesn't matter. Windows that was installed for a 3xxx series Intel motherboard isn't going to boot an AM4 Ryzen motherboard.
Here is the sticky on how to do a clean OS install -- https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
You want JUST the SSD connected to the motherboard when doing the install. After you have the OS installed, with all the drivers, then power down and connect your HDD.
Nov 17, 2021
You haven't really given us anything to go on. The best place to start would be full specs, for both PCs, and the exact steps you took leading up to the problem.
Sure, I've posted before because my computer turned off instantly when turning on, it had old hp parts and a i5-3470 equivalent. I bought mb, cpu, and ram, and now it turns on fine. Now I have 700w psu, gigabyte b550 gaming x v2, ryzen 5600x, gtx 770(im waiting for my 3060ti) and 16gb of ddr4-3600 ram.

kanewolf

Titan
Sure, I've posted before because my computer turned off instantly when turning on, it had old hp parts and a i5-3470 equivalent. I bought mb, cpu, and ram, and now it turns on fine. Now I have 700w psu, gigabyte b550 gaming x v2, ryzen 5600x, gtx 770(im waiting for my 3060ti) and 16gb of ddr4-3600 ram.
A HDD with the OS configures for a 3xxx series CPU won't boot an AM4 Ryzen. You have to do a clean OS install.

kanewolf

Titan
Do I need a usb stick for that? Also I have a ssd if that matters.
HDD/SSD doesn't matter. Windows that was installed for a 3xxx series Intel motherboard isn't going to boot an AM4 Ryzen motherboard.
Here is the sticky on how to do a clean OS install -- https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
You want JUST the SSD connected to the motherboard when doing the install. After you have the OS installed, with all the drivers, then power down and connect your HDD.

Solution
Nov 17, 2021
Alright thanks I'll try it out

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, if you haven't installed Windows properly, that's the next thing to try (just slapping in an old OS drive is a very poor practice).

If you continue to have issues also add in the exact PSU to the information provided. Definitely some concern there anyway as 700W is an uncommon output for a competent PSU.

Nov 17, 2021
Yeah, if you haven't installed Windows properly, that's the next thing to try (just slapping in an old OS drive is a very poor practice).

If you continue to have issues also add in the exact PSU to the information provided. Definitely some concern there anyway as 700W is an uncommon output for a competent PSU.
I already got a new psu, its a evga 700br and my pc is powering on fine now.

TRENDING THREADS