[SOLVED] Why is my new PNY XLR8 CS3030 not showing speed as advertised?

bebotette

Reputable
Aug 21, 2017
Ad says up to 3500 read and write up to 3100 (https://www.pny.com/CS3030-M-2-NVMe-SSD?sku=M280CS3030-500-RB)

I just bought one (500GB) and received it today. installed it in my MSI GP63 Leopard 8re laptop. Cloned it successfully without any issues.

but I get way far less than that when I checked in crystal disk mark.. very disappointing.

I have read too many reviews before I did my purchase. Some people who reviewed have scores that matches the ads, even when they also used it as the system drive. But mine doesn't reach that score. Do I have a defective/fake product?

I have attached the screenshot of the crystal disk mark results. it's the first test.

The one attached reaches 2900, but now I tested it again and its 2500 read.

Pls help. ty

CrystalDiskMark Screenshot

Solution
D
oh and those are only theoretical. In Crystal, choose a different profile, the one called Real World for a more realistic look at things. Don't let benchmark numbers ruin your life.

my pcie nvme says it goes to 5000 seq reads... lol, not unless I pair it with very high end mobo, ram and cpu it don't
D

Deleted member 14196

what are the exact specifications of the PC you are using it in? You know, your hardware makes a difference. your numbers don't look bad either.

if that is a PCIE 4.0 part and you are using PCIE 3.0 then that's the difference.

D

Deleted member 14196

oh and those are only theoretical. In Crystal, choose a different profile, the one called Real World for a more realistic look at things. Don't let benchmark numbers ruin your life.

my pcie nvme says it goes to 5000 seq reads... lol, not unless I pair it with very high end mobo, ram and cpu it don't

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution