[SOLVED] Why is my new RTX 3060 card not working?

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
I have my monitor connected to the GPU. It displays video from an intel card which I believe has to be the integrated graphics so now I’ve gone into Internal Graphics and hit Disabled in the bios. Still, unable to get my GPU to work here. Would appreciate any help, thank you!

View: https://imgur.com/a/wU883mW

GPU: RTX 3060 ROG STRIX OC
MB: Gigabyte Z590 UD AC
RAM: G.SKILL 4X32GB (128GB)
PSU: Corsair RM850X (850W)
CPU: I7-11700K

Solution
Your GPU would likely still display without the nvidea drivers - but you won't be able to fully utilize it. The fact that it's not showing up in device manager means that you likely won't get an automatic update for it, as Windows is not recognizing it correctly. The fix here is to install the nvidea driver for your GPU and you'll be good to go!

Edit: I just noticed you already fixed it. My bad.
What you are showing is that windows hasn't scanned for new devices yet and hasn't installed the nvidia driver.
If you have windows updates and so on disabled you will have to download the driver yourself form nvidia and install it.
Otherwise just give it a bit of time for windows to notice the change in hardware and install it on its own.

If you go to device manager you can make sure if it shows up as an nvidia card.

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
What you are showing is that windows hasn't scanned for new devices yet and hasn't installed the nvidia driver.
If you have windows updates and so on disabled you will have to download the driver yourself form nvidia and install it.
Otherwise just give it a bit of time for windows to notice the change in hardware and install it on its own.

If you go to device manager you can make sure if it shows up as an nvidia card.
I’ve gone into windows updates and updated everything there. I’ve also let my computer be on for hours. If I go a head and download the drivers from nvidia would that give me a black screen or something?

Jul 25, 2021
Your GPU would likely still display without the nvidea drivers - but you won't be able to fully utilize it. The fact that it's not showing up in device manager means that you likely won't get an automatic update for it, as Windows is not recognizing it correctly. The fix here is to install the nvidea driver for your GPU and you'll be good to go!

Edit: I just noticed you already fixed it. My bad.

Solution