Why is my newly built PC is stuck in startup cycle and how do I fix it?

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.
I have just finished assembling my first PC, every component new and fresh out of the box. However, I turn on the Power Supply, and then switch everything on, and it works for a good 10 seconds before it shuts off, then turns back on again, and keeps doing that, turning on and off. Each time it turns back on, the BBIOS_LED or the MBIOS_LED would be on, the two will alternate each time the PC turns back on. The red CPU status LED is on each time. After about two or three cycles of the computer turning, the RAM’s RGB lights will shut off. I have already tried reseating the RAM since I know that can sometimes be the issue but nothing. I have gone in, unplugged everything and then set them all back and that did nothing as well. I know it is not a bent CPU pin, I made sure of it when first putting in the CPU. Nothing displays on the monitor so I can’t get into the BIOS and it can’t possibly be something in the BIOS when it hasn’t ever gotten to that point. I’ve tried connecting the HDMI cable to the motherboard and then the GPU but nothing shows up on the monitor in either case.

Here are the computer specs:
Case: Corsiar Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE
Motherboard: z390 Aorus Master
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 8GB x4
Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM
Power Supply: Corsair AX860
Graphics Card: EVGA GEForce RTX 2060

Has anybody ever had this problem and is there any known solution to this? Is the motherboard bad or is it something else?

Possibly bad component , or damaged during installation.

Go over your cable connections thoroughly to make sure everything seated properly and connected .

Pull out as much as possible to run the system as barebones as possible.
You said unplug everything and set them all back. Just want to make sure that means: Run on one memory stick (swapping as necessary to test them), pull the video card completely and run on integrated graphics, disconnect all drives and leave disconnected.. If you can get to BIOS in an utterly barebones state, you can suspect another component. We don't care about error messages at this point, we just want an image on screen.

Beep codes if any? (Assumes you have a PC speaker connected to the proper motherboard pins.)

If failing in an utterly barebones state, the MB is the most commonly failed component that I have seen in such situations.

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly bad component , or damaged during installation.

Go over your cable connections thoroughly to make sure everything seated properly and connected .

Pull out as much as possible to run the system as barebones as possible.
You said unplug everything and set them all back. Just want to make sure that means: Run on one memory stick (swapping as necessary to test them), pull the video card completely and run on integrated graphics, disconnect all drives and leave disconnected.. If you can get to BIOS in an utterly barebones state, you can suspect another component. We don't care about error messages at this point, we just want an image on screen.

Beep codes if any? (Assumes you have a PC speaker connected to the proper motherboard pins.)

If failing in an utterly barebones state, the MB is the most commonly failed component that I have seen in such situations.

I have taken everything apart, using bare-bones; CPU with cooler, Power Supply, and Mobo with a single stick of RAM.
Again, nothing on screen.
I switched between each RAM slot and swapped the sticks to no avail.
I do not have a PC speaker connected.

My next plan of attack is to remove the CPU and double check it, along with how the cooler is seated on it and the motherboard.
If no luck, and if Gigabyte support has nothing to say, the motherboard may be bad like you said, but I'll see.