Why is my old PC better than my new laptop?

makugx

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Greetings hamster squeezers! :p

I JUST bought a new MSI STEALTH GS66 2070 GTX card and it's got a worse performance than my 4 year old 980ti PC.

Can anyone care to explain what I miss?

I tested it with rocket league and Assetto corsa competizione.
Both much worse.

I'm scratching my head, but also disappointed with my purchase.

Besides having accidents with the mouse on a daily basis, this laptop can't do MIERDA for $1600 that it costs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085B3CKDN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any ideas/suggestions/wisdoms?

Thanks!

-----------------------------------
PC priority specs
980ti
intel 7i devils canyon
16GB ram
-----------------------------------

The issue is heat and that the MAX Q RTX 2070 actually performs like a RTX 2060 desktop version. There are quiet a few thermal constraints both for the CPU and GPU which will bring the performance down especially at load though it is still a pretty powerful laptop.

On Rocket League you should be more than okay but ACC is a punishing game especially on the GPU...It gives even my desktop RTX 2080 a going over and my GPU even though it is the Gaming X Trio version gets very hot running ACC.

Also double check all drivers are up to date and MSI tend to put a lot of useless software on the laptop so try to get rid of any MSI apps that you do not need.

makugx

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
The issue is heat

I bought the best rated cooling-pad to put it on. its got enough airflow.
Additionally, I didn't play more than 10 mins and the graphics were considerably crappier from the get go.

thank you for your input!