Question Why is my pc constantly getting the BSOD after installing new ram?

Apr 14, 2019
Hello, i have recently changed my ram to an 16gb kit of Vengeance RGB ram DDR4, one of the sticks seems to work and other stick doesn't seem to work, when I checked my bios on the computer it was reading it as 16 gb and it kept on showing me the blue screen of death. once i remove one stick, my pc didn't show me the bsod. please help!

What slots are they installed in? They should be installed in the 2nd and 4th slots away from the CPU.

Is all the installed memory from ONE kit, that came together, or did you buy them individually as single sticks?

Have you pulled them out and inspected the DIMM slot and the teeth on the memory, to make sure nothing looks funky and that there is no debris down in the DIMM slot, and then reinstalled them making SURE they are 100% seated?

What is the exact model of the memory kit, and what is the model of your motherboard and CPU?

Apr 14, 2019
,hey t
What slots are they installed in? They should be installed in the 2nd and 4th slots away from the CPU.

Is all the installed memory from ONE kit, that came together, or did you buy them individually as single sticks?

Have you pulled them out and inspected the DIMM slot and the teeth on the memory, to make sure nothing looks funky and that there is no debris down in the DIMM slot, and then reinstalled them making SURE they are 100% seated?

What is the exact model of the memory kit, and what is the model of your motherboard and CPU?
hey thanks for replying! i am currently using an i5 8400 and a z370 motherboard! it is a one kit variety from corsair, i am using dual channel and have cleaned the slots and ive checked if it was installed and seated.