Why is my pc going to sleep mode every time i shut it down?

kariya0201

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Alright i found a really strange thing. when i shut down my computer the event log says it is going to sleeping mode. and when i turn it back on it says it came back from sleeping mode, even though i switch the electricity off every time i shut down my computer. if i press shut down every thing goes off and the light on my case wont show up like in sleep mode, yet it says it is in sleep mode wtf? also if my pc is shut down it switches on if i press a key on my keyboard

Solution
Hi,

Please do try changing the power button settings first.
- Here's how:http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/change-power-button-setting-in-windows-10.html
- Next is to also change some settings in Power Options.
- Open Power Options then click on Change Plan Settings then Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Hard Disk then set Turn off Hard disk after to NEVER.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF.
- Set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Do also set Sleep Mode to Never.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows 10.
Hi,

Please do try changing the power button settings first.
- Here's how:http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/change-power-button-setting-in-windows-10.html
- Next is to also change some settings in Power Options.
- Open Power Options then click on Change Plan Settings then Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Hard Disk then set Turn off Hard disk after to NEVER.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF.
- Set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Do also set Sleep Mode to Never.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows 10.

Solution

kariya0201

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Also had to turn off fast startup. So everytime i thought it is off it was only sleeping..... and i switched the electricity off with it.. did it damage the pc with the frequent power offs?