Question Why is my PC is lagging ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ToniMalrs

Prominent
Mar 18, 2021
I play alot of VR and since that's the most demanding thing I do on my pc, that's where I noticed it. Originally thought it only applied to VR games, but now I've noticed alot of lag in Just Cause 3 and CSGO. My Windows and Nvidia drivers are up-to-date and I just bought a brand new ROG Strix B450-f Gaming mobo that I thought would fix the issue, so bios should be updated aswell. My specs are:

Rift S
RTX 2070 Super OC
24GB RAM
Ryzen 7 2700x
(Brand New) ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
G2 550W Evga PSU (I believe)
Samsung EVO 250GB SSD (I believe it's called)
Some Seagate SSHD 1TB

I've reset my Windows and deleting all files and also wiped both my drives clean once, a long time ago. I don't do anything heavy on my PC besides gaming. My GPU and CPU aren't even a year old. I used fpsVR to get results from Boneworks which is a pretty demanding VR game and I noticed that as soon as I even interacted with items or NPC's ingame, my FPS dropped to 40-60 Range and both my CPU and GPU spiked in usage during this. I play all my games on SteamVR and all VR Games are stored on my SSD. I also have lots of free space on my SSD atm.

Someone please help, been having to deal with this for a long time.

popatim

Titan
Yes, some ram won't work in your system at all, some ram will simply be slightly unstable, and then there is ram that's been tested & proven to be stable. When I'm planning a build, I spend more time researching ram then any other part. I'd much rather spend my time doing something other then figuring out why a system is crashing all the time.

ToniMalrs

Prominent
Mar 18, 2021
Yes, some ram won't work in your system at all, some ram will simply be slightly unstable, and then there is ram that's been tested & proven to be stable. When I'm planning a build, I spend more time researching ram then any other part. I'd much rather spend my time doing something other then figuring out why a system is crashing all the time.
Alright, I just looked up some more. Does the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz 16GB sound good?