[SOLVED] why is my pc isn’t turning on ?

xxSNOWENGINExx

Prominent
Mar 17, 2020
Hi, i was playing Apex Legends and suddenly my pc turned off, i tried to switch it on but nothing’s happened. I unplugged the power cable and plugged back in nothing happened. I turned off PSU button for 10 minutes and it started normally to desktop but turned off again ! This time i turned PSU button of and on it started for just a split second and turned off again.

Motherboard power led ON
GPU power led ON
NZXT Hue+ lighting.

Motherboard Asus Strix Z370F
PSU Evga Supernova 650 Gold
Ram Corsair Vengeance 8x2
GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070

Solution
I tested my PSU with paperclip test but psu turned on only from one side of 28 pin power connector
When put paperclip into other side of 28 pin connector nothing happened. Is there any chance that 28 pin connector is dead ?
I am not too sure, but it would not hurt to try another cable. But, if the cable is faulty, it should not have allowed you to boot to desktop. Give it a shot though.

xxSNOWENGINExx

Prominent
Mar 17, 2020

xxSNOWENGINExx

Prominent
Mar 17, 2020
That is a pretty good PSU. Still see if you can find a spare PSU to test your system with.
I tested my PSU with paperclip test but psu turned on only from one side of 28 pin power connector
When put paperclip into other side of 28 pin connector nothing happened. Is there any chance that 28 pin connector is dead ?

I am not too sure, but it would not hurt to try another cable. But, if the cable is faulty, it should not have allowed you to boot to desktop. Give it a shot though.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS