[SOLVED] Why is my PC not running games properly?

Jun 5, 2020
My pc has
i5 7500 3.4ghz
gtx 1050 ti
8gb ddr4 ram
500gb ssd
600 watt psu

For some reason, when i try to run games, i run into issues that make the games unplayable. For Apex legends, once i get into game, my game freezes and i have to use control center to exit the game. For Valorant, it always crashes on the map haven.

I've noticed the CPU usage goes to 100% for both games, but my cpu temperature doesnt go above 60 C.
I've seen people run games like apex and valorant extremely smooth with my same PC specs, but im not sure what's wrong on my end.

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
Honestly, I’m not sure it’s a ram issue. 8 gigs of RAM should be fine, although 16 is recommended. Have your tried doing a custom clean install of the GPU driver?

And what error do you get when the games freeze or crash? If the whole system is crashing, what’s the error the system gives? RAM would be my last concern. Have two sticks is great for speed wise, but will not cause a game to crash.

Jun 9, 2020
Hey man, I dont think its the ram issue. I have one stick of 8gb ram and I run games just fine. you should look towards your HDD and ensure no viruses are lurking in there. Honestly, once I gave my HDD a clean wipe, fresh os and everything, I saw a 20fps increase in my games.

Honestly, I’m not sure it’s a ram issue. 8 gigs of RAM should be fine, although 16 is recommended. Have your tried doing a custom clean install of the GPU driver?

And what error do you get when the games freeze or crash? If the whole system is crashing, what’s the error the system gives? RAM would be my last concern. Have two sticks is great for speed wise, but will not cause a game to crash.
It's not the amount but the fact it's only a single stick running in single channel mode.

True, it would not cause crashing.

OP, what make/model PSU?