Question Why is my pc performance super bad?

Jun 7, 2020
I got my pc from ibuypower yesterday. I got the snowblind. I got it all set up and when I lunched a game, im getting frames from 10-50. It is super brand new and I'm just disappointed. It keeps stuttering every game I get into. everything on low settings and it still stutters. Not only for gaming but when I search on the web. it goes slow sometimes. This is my second day using it and so far, when I boot up a game I got 144 frames, I got so exited I thought it was a one time thing but after 30 minutes of use my frames drop by 100 and I'm back at like 12 or 20 frames. My home pc was better than this... in terms of performance. Please help, I don't want to see that I've wasted 2 grand on this pc :( I don't know what to do

My Rig:
-GeForce RTX 2070 super
-Intel core i9-9900k
-16GB RAM
-Motherboard(GIGABYTE Z390
-Processor Cooling iBUYPOWER 240mm RGB Liquid Cooling
-1080 x 1920, 60Hz monitor

Last edited:
You haven't specified what your old rig was containing. If the composition of hardware assumes better performance compared to your old rig, I believe you should return it and get the money back.

You may need some documentation, so you probably want to run a benchmark on the new rig. Compare that to your old rig (same software).

Jun 7, 2020
You haven't specified what your old rig was containing. If the composition of hardware assumes better performance compared to your old rig, I believe you should return it and get the money back.

You may need some documentation, so you probably want to run a benchmark on the new rig. Compare that to your old rig (same software).
This is my first pc ever

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
Make sure you are plugging your monitor into your GPU and not the motherboard. It's probably running off of the integrated graphics of your processor. (Even though I assumed that the iGPU should have been disabled anyways when the GPU is in?)

Did you download the drivers for your 2070 super through GeForce Experience?

Also you said your home computer performed better than this. What are the specs of the home PC?