[SOLVED] Why is my PC performing "below expectations?

slimshame

Commendable
Sep 28, 2017
Hi, I JUST got a RTX 2070 Super and am very happy with it so far. I ran the Userbenchmark tool to see how my computer did compared to when I had my GTX 1060, and it faired much better than it. But, why does it keep showing me that all my components are performing below expectations? My only guess would be my motherboard (which i'm aware isn't amazing) or maybe just how I put it to
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22085578

Solution
that gpu is a bit overkill with any FX cpu. All I can say to you about your performance is to clean up a bit space on SSD.
if you fill it to the brim, it will slow down, affecting everything.
leave at least 20% free on any SSD & HDD.
GPU and other parts seems quite fine. if you don't land in last 10% like you did with ram:

Performing way below expectations (10th percentile)
its not an issue.
about that ram, check timings/clock I think you ended up with 933 clocks for some reason. or skyrocketed timings. Or did you bench while running something in the background ?
you may want to check if your config matches this table...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I wouldn't actually worry about it. 34th percentile for the GPU isn't that far off from the rest of the group and just a bit of a clock difference can make a difference.

The larger concern is why did you upgrade the GPU before the CPU? The GTX 1060 was already pushing the limits on what was worthwhile for this platform. Though kudos are in order if you've managed to get your 9590 running without pulling out all your hair.

that gpu is a bit overkill with any FX cpu. All I can say to you about your performance is to clean up a bit space on SSD.
if you fill it to the brim, it will slow down, affecting everything.
leave at least 20% free on any SSD & HDD.
GPU and other parts seems quite fine. if you don't land in last 10% like you did with ram:

Performing way below expectations (10th percentile)
its not an issue.
about that ram, check timings/clock I think you ended up with 933 clocks for some reason. or skyrocketed timings. Or did you bench while running something in the background ?
you may want to check if your config matches this table:
https://linustechtips.com/main/uplo...lot1.PNG.78d8944568fdf937d247a7f28cb627d9.PNG
if you can get 1600 x 8-9-9-24, or xmp to higher speed than 1600 while keeping the timings resonable, your machine will really gain a lot.

Solution