Why is my PC performing so poorly ?

Jan 26, 2019
I'm relatively new to PC gaming so I don't know a great deal about PC's and I'm just stumped at the moment as to why my PC is performing so bad.

Bought a second hand rebuilt as I got it at a good price just so I could start off and upgrade it as I go along but starting to think this was a mistake.

So I bought an Asus 1070 dual 8gb graphics card this week, installed it and I've seen no FPS improvements in the slightest. Even when I was using the GTX 1060 3GB the FPS didn't seem right as no matter if I dropped the settings on PUBG for example from Medium to Low there would be no change in the FPS I was getting struggling at around 50-60. Same is happening with my new graphics card only getting the same FPS on Medium settings.

It's got a intel i5 7400
2 8gb sticks of Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR4 Ram
Asus Gtx 1070 dual 8gb

Could it be the fact it probably has a relatively cheap power source be problem ? At idol My Cpu is running at around 28 degrees, under 10% load and my GPU 40 Degrees and 1% load.

I'm so confused by the power performance I was getting on both cards.

Jan 26, 2019
From what I can see for some reason PUBG is locking itself to a max of about 62FPS no matter what settings so it's running on ultra now which is good but when I drop it to low for example FPS stays the same so I'm trying to figure out why it's locking. V-sync is turned off so it isn't that. I loaded up Bioshock and was ranging between 300fps- 500fps so it must just be something locking the FPS at the moment in PUBG.