TheCyberSage

Commendable
Apr 18, 2017
I’ve bought the parts and assembled my 2nd gaming pc, (1st I’ve built, the other was prebuilt). But the PC is power cycling, and turning on for only a second and then turning off. CPU, GPU, and Power supply fans all start and stop at that time. The red LEDs on the motherboard labeled CPU and DRAM light up when this happens, leading me to believe there is most likely a compatibility issue with the Ram. My build is:

Amd Ryzen 3600 Processor
Gigabyte Gaming 1660 TI
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB ram.
CORSAIR RMX Series (2018), RM650x, 650 Watt, 80+ Modular Power Supply
AsRock X570 Pro4 Motherboard
XPG SX6000 Pro 256GB M.2 SSD
The old 1tb HDD with windows installed that I sysprepped for transfer into the new PC.

I’ve heard the RAM I’ve picked is notorious for working poorly with Ryzen cpus after the fact. I’ve already tried basic checks like checking the 24 pin, and cpu plugs to the power supply. Another thing to note is that the power cycle only occurs when i flick on the power on the back of my case, the power switch currently does nothing, even though I’ve tried plugging in both the power SW pins with the converter for amd motherboards boxed with my case, and the standard intel fpanel plugs. As i said i think its most likely a RAM, issue, and i will be borrowing a stick from a friend in a few days to see if it works. The sticks are in the correct slots (2 and 4, and I’ve tried just 2, and 1 and 3). Any help on what it could be or what to check and how is appreciated. Also telling me what its not helps too, so i can narrow the possibilities.