Question Why is my pc rebooting?

Apr 7, 2019
My pc randomly restarts right after boot, no blue screen it just shows black screen then the asrock boot screen.
It's done it a few other times with chrome open and once with forza horizon 3 open, otherwise it just boots, sits for a minute then restarts and runs fine

Spec:
Asrock A320m
Ryzen 5 1600x
GTX1060 6gb Ref
16gb (2*8gb) ram
650w psu

If you wanna honest answer, it can be from software to the hardware.
Soo there are a lot of checking,
Download these programs and run them,
malwarebytes,
RogueKiller,
CCleaner (Also do the registry fix),

type CMD in start, then right click run as admin.
then type into it "chkdsk c: /f /r" (note C: represents hard drive with your current windows).
Also do the "SFC /scannow" after that one is done.
If prompted to restart, please do it.

Any recent changes in software/drivers?

Which PSU would be in question (Brand and model)?

Reactions: pSeaBassq
Apr 7, 2019
If you wanna honest answer, it can be from software to the hardware.
Soo there are a lot of checking,
Download these programs and run them,
malwarebytes,
RogueKiller,
CCleaner (Also do the registry fix),

type CMD in start, then right click run as admin.
then type into it "chkdsk c: /f /r" (note C: represents hard drive with your current windows).
Also do the "SFC /scannow" after that one is done.
If prompted to restart, please do it.

Any recent changes in software/drivers?

Which PSU would be in question (Brand and model)?
Ok I'll look into those, as for PSU I don't know, it's nothing special

Ok I'll look into those, as for PSU I don't know, it's nothing special
The PSU is probably the most important part of the pc, it powers everything. Wattage alone is meaningless, there are some terrible units on the market that cannot deliver half their rated wattage and are considered by many as fire hazards. We really need make and model, it should be on a sticker on the side of the psu.

Apr 7, 2019
The PSU is probably the most important part of the pc, it powers everything. Wattage alone is meaningless, there are some terrible units on the market that cannot deliver half their rated wattage and are considered by many as fire hazards. We really need make and model, it should be on a sticker on the side of the psu.
I'll check when I get home

Apr 7, 2019
So I just checked and while I can't see any visible branding at the bottom of the sticker it says produced for inter tech and there is a link to inter-tech.de