Why is my pc running at the same speed even after installing/migrating data to ssd?

angelbenoit

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
I got my ssd onto my motherboard and then used the data migration software from samsung to get my C: to migrate to the ssd. After finishing that, I restarted my pc and it took the same amount of time to boot up as before. My pc recognizes the ssd, but the speed is the same. All the folders from my C drive are also in the ssd, am i supposed to delete all the folders in my C drive? How do i know if windows is working properly on my ssd? I have windows 7.

Solution
The best way to know if the SSD is working correctly would be to power off your PC, disconnect ALL disks except the SSD and verify you can boot. If it won't boot, check the boot order in the BIOS. If it still won't boot, then you may have to clone again.

kanewolf

Titan
The best way to know if the SSD is working correctly would be to power off your PC, disconnect ALL disks except the SSD and verify you can boot. If it won't boot, check the boot order in the BIOS. If it still won't boot, then you may have to clone again.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from angelbenoit : "Why is my pc running the same after installing and migrating data to samsumg ssd?"

angelbenoit

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
Thanks so much! When I opened bios, it said pick boot device, or something like that, and i picked samsung evo and my pc booted extremely fast.