[SOLVED] Why is my pc stuck in black screen, with no power in mouse or keyboard?

Changedman223

Commendable
Jun 23, 2020
Around 3 weeks ago, i got a blue screen, and it said that it was fixing something, then later i got an error, saying drivers were missing and pc couldnt boot even in safe mode, and since then, when i turn my pc on, it just has a black screen, with no power in external devices, my pc should turn off when in boot screen if i press the power button, it did earlier, now it does not, i have to hold it for 5 seconds for it to shut down, also while it worked, there was a red light on the front panel with a battery under it flashing, now that stopped, and i've tried everything, checking the cables, switching the cables, nothing worked, so i guess either cpu or my hdd died, it sounds like before when turned on, but its just showing a black screen like its stuck in pre boot mode

Solution
maybe its your hard drive. I get it now, flashing light is hdd activity light

could be drive is dead, you might have been right on the 4th. I just didn't understand the light.

PC won't be able to boot if drive is dead.

Changedman223

Commendable
Jun 23, 2020
laptop ordesktop?
is this a Premade pc or custom?
if pre made, what make/model?
if custom, what motherboard?

Is this win 10? do you have an installer?
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
Sorry for not replying earlier, it is desktop custom built in around 2011, motherboard is F1A55-M LX3, with A8 3850 cpu and GTX 660 gpu, im holding it on now to test temperatures on internal parts, nothing has overheated, in fact, everything is running normal.

Changedman223

Commendable
Jun 23, 2020
laptop ordesktop?
is this a Premade pc or custom?
if pre made, what make/model?
if custom, what motherboard?

Is this win 10? do you have an installer?
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
It was windows 10, but im telling you, it just says vga no signal and remains like that, nothing happens, last time when it worked i couldnt enter bios because some drivers were missing, also when it worked it couldnt boot even in safe mode because drivers were missing, and i couldnt do anything so i gave up on it, and when i got windows 10 to install it, i couldnt because of the issue above

Colif

Win 11 Master
there was a red light on the front panel with a battery under it flashing,
front panel of what?

Asus removed most of the details for old motherboards last year, makes it hard to see details - https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-f1a55-m-lx3-2-0-motherboard-micro-atx-socket-fm1-amd-a55/

last time when it worked i couldnt enter bios because some drivers were missing
there aren't any drivers for BIOS
also when it worked it couldnt boot even in safe mode because drivers were missing,
If drivers are missing to enter safe mode, windows was broken as it should use windows ones in there.

I think there is a physical problem with PC , you might be best getting a repair store to look at it for you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
maybe its your hard drive. I get it now, flashing light is hdd activity light

could be drive is dead, you might have been right on the 4th. I just didn't understand the light.

PC won't be able to boot if drive is dead.

Solution