Why is my power supply’s fan spinning so loud and fast ?

Dec 14, 2020
So just very recently I had been playing games on my pc when I dropped a weight on my desk. when I did that my pc shut off and this wasn’t very uncommon. Because sometimes when I bang my desk or drop something heavy on it my pc will turn off. Usually I just turn my pc on and make sure nothing corrupted then I go back to gaming. But this time when I turned it back on there was nothing showing up in my monitor like it wasn’t picking up my pc and then about 30 seconds later the sound of a fan spinning really loud started coming from the back of my computer along with a lot of air being pushed out and as the fan got louder and louder.

I eventually unplugged my pc to stop it from breaking the fan or breaking my pc. So after that I decided to take off the cover of my case and clean out my PC. nothing major just brushing off dust just normal cleaning than when I finish cleaning it out I put it back together and and plug it back in.

Now when I plugged it in and turned it on the same thing happened. My monitor wasn’t picking up my pc and sure enough about 30 seconds later the loud fan whirring started along with the air being pushed out of my pc and again I turned it off I am scared to turn it on because I don’t want to completely break my pc so I decided to come here to find maybe a solution or what I need to buy to get my pc into working order again?

Thank you for reading and if you could explain the problem to me that would be amazing.

Have a good day.

Ralston18

Titan
The fan in question being the PSU fan - correct?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Noted that you cleaned out your PC.

Well and good; however, you must also check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are all fully and firmly in place.

Do so by both sight and feel.