[SOLVED] Why is my PowerColour 5700XT Red Devil crashing

Karl_9

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
I recently bought the PowerColour 5700XT Red Devil and ever since I installed it I noticed a lot of my games that play floorless before are now crashing the PC and forcing PC restarts, But when I put back in my Old Strix RX480 the issue is gone and all my games play well again.

Specs
MOBO Aorus X470 Gaming 7 Wi-Fi,
CPU 2700X
Ram 16Gb G.Skill Trident Z Royals @3200mhz
SSD 250Gb Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
HDD X2 2Gb Seagate Barracuda Compute
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Pro
PSU Corsair RM850X

I have update all drivers and Bios too and issue remains, I'm open to suggestions for a Fix

Solution
In my experience i had two of those XTs models, and they both had similar problems like you. One had black screens, freeze in game, stutters in general. Second one almost the same but work better overall. Is known to be drivers issues by AMD. They have troubles from the beggining when they realease a newer model. My solution to you is to be up to date drivers. They are fixing the GPU problems by the time. Check the release notes.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-2

Also by your problems seems to be something related to the gpu itself. Try to plug two different PC-I cables from the power supply, not from the same dual 8 pin cable, two different ones.
Plug into another PCI-Lane
Plug the RX into...

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
In my experience i had two of those XTs models, and they both had similar problems like you. One had black screens, freeze in game, stutters in general. Second one almost the same but work better overall. Is known to be drivers issues by AMD. They have troubles from the beggining when they realease a newer model. My solution to you is to be up to date drivers. They are fixing the GPU problems by the time. Check the release notes.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-2

Also by your problems seems to be something related to the gpu itself. Try to plug two different PC-I cables from the power supply, not from the same dual 8 pin cable, two different ones.
Plug into another PCI-Lane
Plug the RX into another PC if you can do that.
How old is the PSU? (But don't seem the problem here)

Solution