Question Why is my prebuild pc not working properly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

David336yeah

Prominent
Oct 22, 2019
So i have bought myself a prebuild gaming pc from predator i was gaming normally for the first month but now when i game over longer time it starts dropping fps or i dont know but like it felt like everything was going in slow motion and skipping frame
I have a cpu temperature after like 3 hours of gta gaming from 85 degree Celsius
And gpu around 80 degree Celsius.

Specs:
Cpu: i7 10700
Gpu: rtx 2060
And a 500w gold liteon power supply. And 2 times when i gamed gta stopped and i got a buzzing sound in my headphones and same happend in rocket league. Pls help
My pc : acer predator orion 3000

David336yeah

Prominent
Oct 22, 2019
Ok so your TDP is 175watt of your GPU... should be quite stable on that: MWE 650 White 230V - V2 | Cooler Master Deutschland PSU.

Just because I'm curious can you click on that Nvidia logo and see if the TDP wattage rises... sorry I meant if you run GPUz and select (?) run render test with CPUz open see if the tdp rises...
I can do it later

but i was wondering if the psu will even work with my acer predator 3000 Orion motherboard

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Wow ok ..never seen that motherboard before... but I suspect if you power it properly it should work fine...other wise get a well reviewed motherboard for your system if you want stable performance.