Question Why is my RAM being throttled?

Nov 20, 2019
I made this system for general use but to be able to game later down the road with small upgrades like removing one of the PCI-E cards to a M.2 2tb. Well, I'm at that point now but right off the bat I noticed my RAM is only running at 1067 MHz and cant seem to change it even in bios. If I try anything in my Bios other than ez Tweeker it will not boot. Iv'e watched videos with people using the same RAM, CPU, and mobo to matched my bios to theirs and still noting.

My system specs:
Asus Prime X370-Pro motherboard
Ryzen 7 1800x 3.6Ghz
Asus Strix 1070ti GPU
G-Skill Trident RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000
two Asus Raidr express PCI-E 240GB SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS version are you currently on for that motherboard? If you have BIOS updates pending, you might want to gradually work your way up to the latest version. Have you also tried working with the rams by manually inputting the frequency, timings and voltage in BIOS?

Nov 20, 2019
Which BIOS version are you currently on for that motherboard? If you have BIOS updates pending, you might want to gradually work your way up to the latest version. Have you also tried working with the rams by manually inputting the frequency, timings and voltage in BIOS?

I have not noticed how to update BIOS, I'm guessing you have to go into BIos for that? I have been able to manually input 2133 successfully but I don't know enough about voltages yet.