[SOLVED] Why is my RAM causing pc to turn on and off when set to its full supported speed ?

Dec 6, 2020
So I have the Strix b450f gaming. I have 4 sticks of the corsair vengeance rgb pro and there speed can go up to 3200mhz.

My issue is when just having 2 sticks in so its 16gb it allows me to put it at 3200mhz and it runs perfectly fine but the moment I put all 4 in and set it to that speed it keeps turning on and off my pc. Even when lowering the speeds it still happens.

I know its not my power supply as I have the corsair AX1000 so thats way more than I need.
If any one has had this issue can you help??

My CPU is the ryzen 7 2700X
Gpu - Msi RTX 2070 SUPER
Motherboard - Asus strix B450-F gaming

lynx1021

Honorable
What is your ram voltage set at? Needs to be at least 1.35V to run the RGB. Running 4 dimms puts more load on the memory controller could cause a slight voltage drop. I had an old computer that had DDR3 and with 4 dimms I had to raise it from 1.5v (standard) to 1.6v to get it to run right.

Do the 4 sticks consist of two kits (2x8)? If so that will be your issue.
The system starting over and over in a loop is your Bios trying to set a safe set of SPD values and can't.
List the P/N of your RAM kit/s

Last edited:
Running 4 dimms puts more load on the memory controller which can reduce the maximum speed or timings you can achieve.

Also as above, are these from a single 4x8gb kit or 2 kits of 2x8gb? Mixing kits increases the chance of issues.

lynx1021

Honorable
What is your ram voltage set at? Needs to be at least 1.35V to run the RGB. Running 4 dimms puts more load on the memory controller could cause a slight voltage drop. I had an old computer that had DDR3 and with 4 dimms I had to raise it from 1.5v (standard) to 1.6v to get it to run right.

ASK THE COMMUNITY