Question Why is my ram???

RacerDemon

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
Only showing as 2133mhz when its 3200? This is my first Ryzen build, all drives and bios have been updated. Here are my specs:

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8gb) @ 3200mhz C16

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P (AM4)

RacerDemon

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
Last edited:

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Usually there will be a sticker or something on the back of the package that will have all the info you need to manually set it in the bios. I had an issue with my ram where it didn’t like the xmp profiles so I had to manual put it it in if you have that issue

RacerDemon

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
have you tried manually entering the correct voltage, timings, speed and saving the setting?
could be an issue with the saved AMD memory profile.

have you verified that this RAM can run at the manufacturer stated speeds with this particular CPU?

why wouldn't it be able to run at that speed? its the newest cpu, however, I think I fixed the ram speed issue, however, now, i am getting micro stutters and small lag spikes enough though my temps are ok, and my fps is over 120 in games.

why wouldn't it be able to run at that speed? its the newest cpu, however, I think I fixed the ram speed issue...
because newer AMD chipsets are finicky about RAM & CPU combinations. there are many cases of users not verifying that their specific set was rated as compatible for a particular CPU and having issues like you are/were experiencing.
...however, now, i am getting micro stutters and small lag spikes enough though my temps are ok, and my fps is over 120 in games.
use an onscreen display, like MSI afterburner's, while running the game and try to see which piece of hardware is dropping speed/usage during the "stutters".

RacerDemon

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
because newer AMD chipsets are finicky about RAM & CPU combinations. there are many cases of users not verifying that their specific set was rated as compatible for a particular CPU and having issues like you are/were experiencing.
use an onscreen display, like MSI afterburner's, while running the game and try to see which piece of hardware is dropping speed/usage during the "stutters".

Yes its able to run at that speed, and I have MSI open, what do i look for?

RacerDemon

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
\
you have to setup the onscreen display(OSD) options to show your hardware usage information while in-game.
yeah i tried that, nothing shows up, however, the game i have has an fps counter and my fps is going from 120 to 90ish, back to 120 every 8-10 secs, and only last like a second. Like a micro stutter

*update, i figured out how to do the osd, my GPU usage is going from 30%-98% back to 30%, repeat, during the stutters....what does this mean?

Last edited: