tomilache

Commendable
Nov 6, 2020
Ok, so i just got an rx 580. It wouldn't fit in my main pc so i decided to do a pc transfer from my main pc to a new case.
It didn't fit in that one too.
I finally got a case which all my components fit aslong with the graphics card. When i tried booting it up, it booted from the integrated graphics (intel hd). The graphics card's light was up but the fans weren't. So i thought i have to install windows 10.
And so i did, i restarted and nothing. So i tried going up in bios. Altered some settings to boot up without the integrated graphics. And no signal.
So i thought ram was the problem so i installed 4 more. 8GB in total. Any ideas?
My motherboard's name is: GIGABYE GA-H61M-S2PV
I also tried switching the power source from 520 to 600W. Still nothing. I might be wrong but i think it's required to have 8 pin allimentation. But it has a 6pin slot, so i don't think its required.
Somebody have ideas?

Solution
If your 520W and 600W don't have 8-pin plugs, then they were low-quality, junk PSUs that were "520W" and "600W."

Not sure what you're referring to for "6pin slot," but very few (if any, I just don't recall if anyone tried) RX 480s would have just a 6-pin PCIE requirement.

This is where a much clearer explanation would be helpful. You didn't specify your exact RX 480 or your exact PSU, let alone anything else about your PC outside of the motherboard.

DSzymborski

Titan
If your 520W and 600W don't have 8-pin plugs, then they were low-quality, junk PSUs that were "520W" and "600W."

Not sure what you're referring to for "6pin slot," but very few (if any, I just don't recall if anyone tried) RX 480s would have just a 6-pin PCIE requirement.

This is where a much clearer explanation would be helpful. You didn't specify your exact RX 480 or your exact PSU, let alone anything else about your PC outside of the motherboard.

Solution

tomilache

Commendable
Nov 6, 2020

Well i guess the rx 580 worked with an 8 pin plug. Thank you for the explenation.