[SOLVED] Why is my Ryzen 5 1600 at 90c when Idle ?

Sep 15, 2021
Hi

My CPU is at 90c when I boot PC and stays that way when idle. Power reporting Deviation seems to be high as well. CPU is at 3% Utilization from task manager

It is causing fan to be really noisy. CPU is relatively new

https://ibb.co/LtcJ06K

can upload image for some reason..

Any advice/guidance? please let me know if you need more info

Thanks
H

Last edited:
Reactions: rickypicky5
Solution
CPU cooler is Coolmaster Sickleflow 120
That's not the cooler, that's a fan.

Take it back to the installer. Something's wrong.

Resetting CMOS might not fix the overheating but it should be done when building a new system or hardware upgrades and most people don't do it. To reset: shut down, disconnect from power, remove the coin cell battery, short together CMOS reset pins with a screwdriver for 30 sec's to a minute. Reassemble. You'll find location of the CMOS reset pins in your manual.
What CPU cooler are you using?

Did you check the heat sink bottom for a plastic label or sticker before mounting?

Did you use thermal interface grease when you installed it?

Did you tighten fasteners evenly all around?

Also, be sure to reset CMOS and power reporting deviation is probably not relevant at this point.

CPU cooler is Coolmaster Sickleflow 120
That's not the cooler, that's a fan.

Take it back to the installer. Something's wrong.

Resetting CMOS might not fix the overheating but it should be done when building a new system or hardware upgrades and most people don't do it. To reset: shut down, disconnect from power, remove the coin cell battery, short together CMOS reset pins with a screwdriver for 30 sec's to a minute. Reassemble. You'll find location of the CMOS reset pins in your manual.

Solution