[SOLVED] Why is my screen shutting off?!? Surface Laptop 3!

Reviresco

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
I just purchased my Surface Laptop 3.

When I watch Netflix or Hulu and try to lower the brightness to the lowest level, the screen just shuts off. Then using the key to turn brightness up it does not work. The screen just stays black. You can still hear Netflix, just can't see it. The only way to turn the screen back on is to hit the power button and unlock the device.

This does not happen on my the Surface Laptop 2 we have in the house either.

Can someone launch one or both of these apps on their 3 and lower the brightness all the way and see if your screen shuts off?

Has anyone else had this issue or do I have a lemon?

Solution
Solution to this issue.

Step 1: Turn off the Adaptive Display Settings. Settings>System>Display

Step 2: Download the Intel Graphics Comamd Center from the Microsoft Store. Select System>Power>Toggle Off the Display Power Savings

Problem Solved.

Lutfij

Titan
Maybe see if you can uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall them after sourcing the drivers from Intel's support site(assuming you don't have the Ryzen equipped Surface laptop). Mind sharing the SKU or specs to your Surface Laptop 3?

Reviresco

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
I have done all of the updates for software and firmware and reinstalled the drivers. I even wiped the machine back to factory and started fresh with no change at all. I have the matte black 8/256 13.5 inch version.

Reviresco

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Solution to this issue.

Step 1: Turn off the Adaptive Display Settings. Settings>System>Display

Step 2: Download the Intel Graphics Comamd Center from the Microsoft Store. Select System>Power>Toggle Off the Display Power Savings

Problem Solved.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS