Question Why is my sound stuttering or lagging ?

Jun 14, 2022
Win 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450 Gaming plus max
Ram: Kingston Fury DDR4- 3602 - 16 GB
GPU: GTX 1080
Storage:
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5003ABYX-01WERA1 (SATA )
447GB SSDPR-CL100-480-G2 (SATA (SSD))
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA )

Win 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450 Gaming plus max
Ram: Kingston Fury DDR4- 3602 - 16 GB
GPU: GTX 1080
Storage:
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5003ABYX-01WERA1 (SATA )
447GB SSDPR-CL100-480-G2 (SATA (SSD))
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA )
try this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.),

• restart the pc to bios, then update to this bios, after update is done go to bios again and then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Put ram on slot 2 and 4 if its only 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.
  • Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Jun 14, 2022
It didn´t help. But i maybe figured out the problem. If someone has the same problem, i will tell you what i did. I have a UMAX webcamera plugged in my PC. And when i was playing and had discord open on my other monitor i saw that the webcamera was trying to change the microphone setting over and over again, so when this was happening my audio stuttered. I unplugged it and since then i haven´t had any more of those audio stutterings. It´s really strange and i don´t know why it helped.
And thanks Koekieezz for trying to help me.