Why is my SSD full?

Th3_Dud3

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
I recently purchased an ssd. It is an OCZ Trion 150 960gb, my Toshiba 1tb hhd was almost full. So I was going to put my games and os on an ssd. I did a fresh install of the os on the hard drive which got rid of all apps and settings, including games. I then use AOMEI partition software to move os to ssd. It worked. When I opened up the my pc part of library it says my 960gb drive only has 29.3gb left. Please help. It still says I have 500gb+ of games although they're not there.

Th3_Dud3

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

It is a 960gb, I forgot to mention.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

http://www.disk-partition.com/windows-10/ssd-optimization-windows-10-4348.html
Tips that will help performance and reduce size.

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Go to your SSD (though the navigation most likely labeled "C:/". If you see a whole bunch of folders inside either of other folders named "Program Files" or Program Files x 86", they are there, for whatever reason. I would just entirely wipe both drives by reformatting them (Right click on the diver> Formatting...> Restore Device Defaults) and then installing your OS by though BIOS by making your USB or DVD drive your boot drive and going though the usual process.

If you can load windows off the SSD drive.

Once windows has loaded.

Click on the start button of windows.
In the search box type : Disk man.
From the top left in the search results.

click on
Create and format disk partitions.

In the new window look down the drive listing for the SSD drive.
Check to see that you have the windows partition, and also a system reserved partition displaying also of around 350MB.

The rest of the drive space should have a black bar above it on the ssd drive saying un allocated.space.
Right click on that space.
And select format, and the type of partition to create.
once done, go to the far left gray box where disk 0 to disk 4 for example are right click again.
and set the drive condition via the pull down menu to Online if not already set Th3_Dud3

Exit disk management.
Then restart you system.
You should now have a new drive letter showing in windows file explorer.
That should when right clicking on the drive all of the drive space that is missing.
Or was not reported as being used.

Also don`t forget that you cloned the mechanical drive image over to the SSD drive.

And you cannot have the same drive duplicated connected to the system as it will cause a conflict in windows.

What I mean is, if you disconnect both the sata data cable and power from the old HD used.
Restart the machine.
You will likely see and get access to the D: partition that should of been created on the SSD drive.

Try it.
You then have to format the existing HD. or change the working drive letters of the old HD still set as C: for example then D: if it was partitioned.

Th3_Dud3

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

It's already been formatted and has windows, I'm just confused and need help on the fact that an ssd that is 960gb is full just because I put windows on it.

USAFRet

Titan

1. Show us a screencap of your Disk Management window
2. Install and run WinDirStat. Show us a screencap of that with only the SSD selected.

Th3_Dud3

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

7wLGjQaiFU9-jkVJkCiNgHbxit3whbCizyrnJz2YMjFiBYDLTfUpShdJ53wCCQH2g_8e8EvYUw=w2560-h1080-rw-no

wxJ5V7op_3xKKVDR7NnlvCfz9iM2aAyZBDYbEGvRPbMVhKkRqeIcpGHEZHwSDoKabETuza4W-A=w2560-h1080-rw-no

Holy *.

USAFRet

Titan

Your image did not appear.

Th3_Dud3

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016

Oh, should I try private message. A whopping 612gb are in windows old.