[SOLVED] Why is my SSD is so slow all of a sudden?

Jun 9, 2021
my SSD was way faster than the way it is now. i use this SSD for gaming and i have another ssd used for windows bootup.

here are the detailed read/write speeds using CrystalDiskMark :
https://prnt.sc/14v85dl
kingston A400
(i know kingston isnt the best ssd out there but it used to be way faster)
(disk space is 69 out of 447)

As u can see the read numbers are so low and when i compare it to the windows 10 bootup ssd i get this
https://prnt.sc/14v8o65
lexar ssd

system specs
Amd ryzen 5 2600 (updated bios to the latest)
ram 16gb (8x2) hyperx fury ddr4
nvidia gtx 1050ti
Lexar SSD for windows 10
kingstone a400 for games

games used to run in under a minute now it takes up to 10 minutes to load. so the difference is noticeable.

one thing u guys should know that i upgraded my ssd from 8 gb hyperx fury DDR4 2400 to the 8 gb hyperx fury 8gb 3200 x2 (i removed a piece and inserted two pieces).

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For some odd reason the links to your images don't work for me. How much free space do you have on your Kingston SSD? Did you try and use Kingston's utility/app to see if the SSD ahs any firmware updates pending? As for your motherboard, stating that the BIOS is up to date isn't very helpful. We'll need to know the make and model of the motherboard and the version for the BIOS you're on at the time of writing. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Lutfij

Titan

For some odd reason the links to your images don't work for me. How much free space do you have on your Kingston SSD? Did you try and use Kingston's utility/app to see if the SSD ahs any firmware updates pending? As for your motherboard, stating that the BIOS is up to date isn't very helpful. We'll need to know the make and model of the motherboard and the version for the BIOS you're on at the time of writing. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Observe system and drive performance by using Resource Monitor and Task Manager.

Use both but only one at a time.

Observe first while not gaming and then observe again while gaming.

Look at the drive's performance. What is using (reading/writing) the drives and to what extent (%).

Determine if something else is being launched and running in the background.

Jun 9, 2021

i havnt used kingstone's app. but ill replace the cable that connects the ssd with the board and see if this helps.

SSD disk space is 69 out of 447
mother board is:
tuf B450M-Plus Gaming
BIOS Version/Date : American Megatrends Inc. 3002, 3/11/2021

Jun 9, 2021
ok so after replacing the sata cable the speeds went from 6 mb/s to 560 mb/s. the problem was with the sata cable. and the speeds have turned to normal.it is weird tho that out of nowhere the old sata cable was damaged! maybe from the heat? but the pc is well cooled. anyway thanks alot for the help :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxxify