why is my ssd launch up slow then i should be

itzxethan13

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
so i got a 850 ssd samsung evo and i has set my boot driver to it and when i load up windows it does not go as fast as it should what do i do please help

Solution
If your system loads in 3 minutes does not sound like it's starting frm the SSD.

Need a bit more details about exactly how you installed that drive. Aside from setting it as the boot disk in the BIOS did you actually load Windows on it? Sounds like it is not actually booting off that drive.

itzxethan13

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
how do i do it and what do you need to see

itzxethan13

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018

sorry
this is my buld
specs
MOBO: H110M-K motherboard
cpu: i5-7400k @ 3.00Ghz
gpu: asus dual gtx 1060 6gb
RAM: 2x Corsair 4GB DDR4 2133MHz 1.20v DIMM Memory
boot drive: SSD 850 evo 500gb
secondary: 1tb hard drive
psu:
Corsair 550 Watt VS550 ATX PSU/Power Supply Uni

What do you mean "how do I do it"? So you did nothing but put the new drive in the computer? There are tons of guides on how to install Windows on a new drive out there already and how to clone your existing drive to the new one if you want.

itzxethan13

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018

so i got it pluged it in and set it up in a way so it boots up my games i just have a hard drive with my os on it but i just want os on my ssd
but every migration software moves all the files

Well of course if you just moved games to the SSD and the operating system on the old drive it will boot at the same speeds. You need to install Windows on the SSD if you want Windows to run off it. Yes migration will move all the files, that is what they do, the clone one drive to the other so you don't lose anything. You may want someone good with computers local to you to help you with this so you don't end up losing data and make things harder. Basically you need to install Windows on the SSD, then you can install your programs on the old slower drive. Or clone everything to the new drive if you have the space. But from what you did already, you really should have someone there to help you with this.

Solution