[SOLVED] Why is my storage almost full when there's nothing on the drive?

just wondering it this might help ... system restore creates restores points randomly but unlike years ago windows does not tell you it is doing it , when a restore point is created it can use around 3gb of memory , go to system restore and turn it off , next go back to hard drive capacity and see if you got much memory free space back.

I once had a pc that got stuck in a restore loop , every loop used hard drive space and did not stop until the pc crashed.

system restore is now considered by many to be a dead duck and i cant remember the last time i managed to use without the infamous message " nothing changed " message

Nov 10, 2021
just wondering it this might help ... system restore creates restores points randomly but unlike years ago windows does not tell you it is doing it , when a restore point is created it can use around 3gb of memory , go to system restore and turn it off , next go back to hard drive capacity and see if you got much memory back.

I once had a pc that got stuck in a restore loop , every loop used hard drive space and did not stop until the pc crashed.

system restore is now considered by many to be a dead duck and i cant remember the last time i managed to use without the infamous message " nothing changed " message
It says system restore is switched off