[SOLVED] Why is my system underperforming?

Stormblessed

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
I have an i7700K, Asus ROG 1080ti, 970 Evo m.2, thermaltake 850W PSU. on AAA games im getting maybe 50 FPS on the lowest settings. BIOS are all set to default, no parts have ever been overclocked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Something is up then although not sure what. What I would do first is download the latest drivers from nvidia and DDU and remove your current driver in safe mode using DDU then boot into normal windows and install the new drivers.
I would then download the heaven benchmark and HWiNFO64 and run both. Leave heaven running for a while to stress the system and check the maximum temperatures of the graphics card in HWiNFO64

Stormblessed

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Which games, specifically?

As you turn down settings, you're generally putting more strain on the CPU - depending on the title, a stock 7700K may be what's holding you back.

Games like Rust, Escape From Tarkov. I've also had the same issues with games like the Witcher 3 amd Skyrim. So you could recommend turning graphics up?

Something is up then although not sure what. What I would do first is download the latest drivers from nvidia and DDU and remove your current driver in safe mode using DDU then boot into normal windows and install the new drivers.
I would then download the heaven benchmark and HWiNFO64 and run both. Leave heaven running for a while to stress the system and check the maximum temperatures of the graphics card in HWiNFO64

Solution