Question why is my temps are so high? 4790k

adirdays

Prominent
Nov 20, 2018
hi, i bought an evga clc 360 aio one month ago and i noticed isnt so low as i expected , idle temp are between 30-40c while the ambient temps are 21ish
while in game i can reach to around 60 and more and on prime 95 on vr26.6 i can get up to 68 c!
if i dare to try to over clock even to 4.5 ghz i can get up to 80 c which is really strange i check the mount like 30 times bought a grizzly kryonaut and my temps are still the same i also tried to manul lock my voltage to 1.22 on 45 multipers and it still reaches up to 80 c ,i have a friend who have the same cpu and a 240 corsair water loop and he gets on a 4.6 ghz overclock around 50 c on prime test
anyone knows what could be the problem? i feel a lil bit hopeless thanks for the helpers!
also my motherboard is Asus z97-a
p.s
the second i turn the stress test off i get to the idle temp , in a less than a second which is weird because it means the cooler is working properly

Last edited:
check if you have a motherboard cooling profile in effect. most default to silent or moderate cooling.
choose performance or manual cooling to see if better numbers can be achieved.

hi, i bought an evga clc 360 aio one month ago and i noticed isnt so low as i expected , idle temp are between 30-40c while the ambient temps are 21ish
while in game i can reach to around 60 and more and on prime 95 on vr26.6 i can get up to 68 c!
if i dare to try to over clock even to 4.5 ghz i can get up to 80 c which is really strange i check the mount like 30 times bought a grizzly kryonaut and my temps are still the same i also tried to manul lock my voltage to 1.22 on 45 multipers and it still reaches up to 80 c ,i have a friend who have the same cpu and a 240 corsair water loop and he gets on a 4.6 ghz overclock around 50 c on prime test
anyone knows what could be the problem? i feel a lil bit hopeless thanks for the helpers!
also my motherboard is Asus z97-a
p.s
the second i turn the stress test off i get to the idle temp , in a less than a second which is weird because it means the cooler is working properly

adirdays

Prominent
Nov 20, 2018
Maybe your pump speed settings are on low or silent? What are your cooler settings? EVGA should have software to control it.

i cant send picture here i dont know why but m evga flow control fan pump speed is at 100%
check if you have a motherboard cooling profile in effect. most default to silent or moderate cooling.
choose performance or manual cooling to see if better numbers can be achieved.
i manually changed all fans profiles to when i hit 45c to go full power on the fans

Apr 3, 2020
I hv a solution for you, go to your power plan, select your current plan that you using now. change advanced power setting, go to processor power management , please change the minimum and maximum % to 98%. Than your issue should be solved.