Question Why is my upload speed 0.00 Mbps after system reinstallation?

Apr 7, 2019
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I performed a simple system restart ( I just double clicked the installation, no disk, no USB ), as I always do when I overload my PC with useless stuff and I am lazy to clean it manually. So I played League of Legends all evening and I got disconnected every once in a while but the strange thing is that only I would freeze and the game would move on for half a minute or so, only I was unable to move, and then I would get disconnected and connected. So, today I ran speed test and got 0.00 Mbps upload speed. Any idea what is wrong because I can browse the web casually ( only occasional stutters which were suspicious even before I started playing LoL ) but again that makes no sense because I can still, for example post this. Thank you in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your system's performance.

Using one or the other first observe while not gaming and "working as usual". Slide the window to one side and leave it open for viewing. Then game. Look for bottlenecks or other changes that correspond to the problem(s).

You may also find some related error codes or warnings in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer.

Apr 7, 2019
Noting unusual in Task Manager or Resource Monitor, CPU usage drops when I start to be unable to move and when game disconnects me only to connect me back again, network usage drops ( while reconnecting ). I am still going through Even Viewer and I found fatal error 40 Schannel and I am not sure that the time corresponds with the time when I played the game, working on a fix anyways.Tried uninstalling GeForce Experience as some lads suggested ( not like my poor gt610 needs it ) but nothing. And I will try to look more through the logs.

I tried disabling my ad blocker, but Ookla spits out the same results. Also tried other tests, while most of them vary around 1.5 - 2.0 Mbps one of them, who tested my upload speed by uploading 100 Kb of random data did't even do anything for a couple of minutes so I am assuming that it measured 0, like Ookla since it couldn't upload anything. As I said it varies from site to site.

Never the less the problem persists. I am 99% sure that it isn't drivers because I triple checked it and reinstalled the ethernet drivers. There was SM Bus Controller error in the Device Manager but it stopped giving out an error when I installed chipset drivers, but there is PCI Simple Communications Controler that I can't seem to find driver for.

I think that's all, thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS