Why is my video files skipping on their own on VLC

onlythefreshness

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2015
I'm having some issue with watching some of my media files on all my media viewing platforms.

The issue is that my video files keep skipping forward to the next episode I have in my VLC que list. The episodes play for about 10-15 mins then the video skips to the next episode. It's really annoying and frustrating.

It's just one or two spots in the video that cause the media to skip. When I try to slide the cursor that skips forward in the video file when the video is being played, it skips again to the next episodes.
This happens in almost every video player i have such as Windows Media player and Movie-TV.

I'm not sure if it is an issue with the media itself or if there is something wrong with the media player.

The video format i have been viewing is MKV if that is any help. Also the VLC software version I am using is the newest one and I am on windows 10.

I'd you can't think of an answer, your feedback would be nice if it is the media that is the issue or the media player. Thank you.

It is either the video files you have that are corrupted.

Or you need to check what video codec the video is encoded with.

And download and install a video codec pack for windows 10.
That support proper playback of MKV encoded video files .

Here bellow click on the link, download and run the setup and install.
Then restart your system. and test the video file again with VLC media player.

https://www.codecguide.com/

VLC si self contained and does not rely on extarnal codec packs(which, btw, you should never install as they are very close to malware in most cases). SO is MPC-HC(btw, OP, you can try this aswell). (as in self contained, not malware)
If you rely on a player that uses codecs such as windows media player or bs.player, all you need to install are teh LAV filters

TRENDING THREADS