Question Why is my Wireless 5x faster than my ethernet speed????

Mar 30, 2019
I got a new router today (netgear AC 1750) and when I tested the speed I was thrilled to see my download speed at 175mbps. I was curious as to where this compared to my hardwired connection. While being hardwired in with my ethernet cable my speed was only 29-30mbps. I recheck my wireless and hardwired connection multiple times with the same results. This doesn't make any sense to me. Ive manually changed my speed and duplex to 1.0gbps full duplex. I've tried multiple ethernet cables. Help!

Apr 1, 2019
I got a new router today (netgear AC 1750) and when I tested the speed I was thrilled to see my download speed at 175mbps. I was curious as to where this compared to my hardwired connection. While being hardwired in with my ethernet cable my speed was only 29-30mbps. I recheck my wireless and hardwired connection multiple times with the same results. This doesn't make any sense to me. Ive manually changed my speed and duplex to 1.0gbps full duplex. I've tried multiple ethernet cables. Help!
One thing you may want to check is if every part of your gigabit line is gigabit certified. I run and terminate my own cables, but remember that when I was setting everything up, i had to ensure that not only was the cable gigabit, but the termination blocks at each end had to be gigabit capable. Im talking the little plastic plugs, the metal contacts in them. Also the ports on the router and modem. Although you have a 1750AC, so i would imagine it's fine, but double check nonetheless. Your lan port on your computer as well. My port on my rig has green led indicating a connection, and a yellow led comes on if it's full gigabit. Also in the bios there's a Lan connection config that also indicates what kind of connection. Then you also need to ensure your driver's are good, and in the adapter settings, make sure the Properties setting for throughput is set to Auto Negotiate or Adaptive, or Full Duplex 1000M, or something to that effect. But first things first, if your hardware has a missing link anywhere along the line, you won't get full Gigabit no matter what your software and drivers are saying or doing. Also, considering you said you have Gigabit cables I would imagine some cables indicate Gigabit, and they are, except the connectors were cheaped out on to save overall production costs, or maybe even ignorant of the necessity. A simple $10 lan tester would let you know for sure. Anyways, hope that helps. There are of course many other things that could be at play, but that's where I would start, as the most likely culprit.