Question Why is my Xbox 360 Slim getting extremely hot?

Aug 23, 2019
So I've had my Xbox 360 Slim for about 5 years now. I got it brand new. Recently I've noticed that even after a few minutes of gameplay it gets burning hot. So I've disassembled it and gave it a good clean and replaced the thermal paste. It maybe helped a little but it's still worrying. Any ideas as to why it still happens? How can I reduce the temperature?

So I've had my Xbox 360 Slim for about 5 years now. I got it brand new. Recently I've noticed that even after a few minutes of gameplay it gets burning hot. So I've disassembled it and gave it a good clean and replaced the thermal paste. It maybe helped a little but it's still worrying. Any ideas as to why it still happens? How can I reduce the temperature?

You did everything you can do.

Some paste has a tendency to dry out over years, and becomes less effective. But that usually results in cpu malfunction because it overheats (and not the case) I would get a can of air and blow it into the fan. Those can wear out too over a couple of years. Heat pipes can also leak fluid over time.

Here is a replacement listed on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Eathtek-Repl...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01C88GHGW