Discussion Why is no one talking about the Super Micro Motherboards?

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
I have myself a Super Micro Motherboard and its pretty good and I think for my next PC(if at all that ever happens) I'd like to go for Super Micro brand.

This is the one I'm looking forward to as it seems to have what I want.

https://www.supero.com/en/product-series/58-c9z590-cg.html

Thing is...I don't know where to get this. Every link I clicked, the link's don't work and I can't find anywhere even in my local area that sells Super Micro motherboards. What gives? Why no one talks about Super Micro motherboards instead of just Gigabyte, Asus, Asrock and MSI?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I didn't look at price either, though I did note a con was its price. I figured you knew it was more.

The other boards are more visible as they spend more on advertising their stuff to consumers whereas super micro might be like IBM were before they sold their consumer brands off.
They make most of their cash from Corporate when they aren't being spotlighted in news for allegedly having Chinese spy chips in them. I only know that from searching their name earlier.

I don't know what mb works for intel side. I tend to stick to software questions :)

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
I didn't look at price either, though I did note a con was its price. I figured you knew it was more.

The other boards are more visible as they spend more on advertising their stuff to consumers whereas super micro might be like IBM were before they sold their consumer brands off.
They make most of their cash from Corporate when they aren't being spotlighted in news for allegedly having Chinese spy chips in them. I only know that from searching their name earlier.

Pity...cause they are one of the few brands that make MBs with 10G ethernet I believe.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If You Need Then The Options Are SizePrice
10 Gigabit EthernetASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme GlacialE-ATX$1843
ASUS ROG Maximus XIII ExtremeE-ATX$1166
GIGABYTE Z590 Aorus Xtreme WaterForceE-ATX-
GIGABYTE Z590 Aorus XtremeE-ATX-
MSI MEG Z590 GodlikeE-ATX$1019
Supermicro C9Z590-CGWATX-
Supermicro C9Z590-CGATX-
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16347/the-intel-z590-overview/57

sure you can;t get 10gb Ethernet as an add on card?
Some of those prices make the 400 look reasonable

Joseph_138

Distinguished
SuperMicro stuff is generally geared towards IT professionals working for large companies with big budgets. Most of what they make is not really intended for home use, that's probably why you don't hear about them much, except on tech sites targeted towards professional users. They may dip their toes into the home market, occasionally, but it's not their primary focus, and when they do, it's always with an ultra premium product with a high price tag. I found a quad Xeon SuperMicro machine once, that is still sitting in my basement waiting for me to get around to looking into it. It is a beast. Nearly gave me hernia carrying it in from the car.

Last edited: