[SOLVED] Why is no one talking about this motherboard?

Pupq1

Commendable
Jun 6, 2019
ROG Strix B450-E. I mean, it's supposedly Asus' best b450 board. There are a lot of reviews on the lower end B450-F but NOTHING on this one. I even found a VRM tier list for B450&X470 and the B450-E was listed as 'unevaluated' lol

Solution
The only difference I see between them is that the B450-E has two high side FE's vs only one on the B450-F for the Vcore. I'd assume that two is better than one, but honestly I don't know that it makes any difference much less enough difference to justify one over the other. I'd recommend going with whichever is cheaper, OR, going with a higher end X470 board if the power phase is that important to you. ALL of the B450 boards have 4 phases or less.
Well, the fact that it's not actually available anywhere, except at outrageously ridiculous prices from a couple of third party sellers, probably has a lot to do with that. Nobody really talks much about boards they can't get. Plus, that board really isn't all that terrific anyhow. Indications are that it has blind doubled 6 phase VRMs, being called 12 phase, so it's probably a good board but not worth anywhere near the asking price of the few limited sellers.

Amazon and Newegg have exactly zero of them for sale unless you go through a third party seller.

Pupq1

Commendable
Jun 6, 2019
Well, the fact that it's not actually available anywhere, except at outrageously ridiculous prices from a couple of third party sellers, probably has a lot to do with that. Nobody really talks much about boards they can't get. Plus, that board really isn't all that terrific anyhow. Indications are that it has blind doubled 6 phase VRMs, being called 12 phase, so it's probably a good board but not worth anywhere near the asking price of the few limited sellers.

Amazon and Newegg have exactly zero of them for sale unless you go through a third party seller.
Oh wow I didn't notice it's not available in the US... I wonder why is that. In my country it's available at pretty much any store at about $155.. Is it worth it? I would pay $15 more for a Pro Carbon AC but I need Aura Sync

Great. More damn vampires. LOL.

Yeah, it seems as though it's a pretty decent board, but I don't know if it's worth the premium over the B450-F which has the 6+2 VRM configuration. If you are planning to overclock or run high speed memory, or need extra slots, OR upgrade to Ryzen 3000 series CPU, then it may be worth it for you. If you plan to run at the stock configuration, even with a 2700x, then I don't see the benefit really. And that's assuming the 12 phase isn't just the 6 phase doubled, which I'm pretty sure it is, but again there are no actual reviews of that board.

If you need the higher power phase, then I'd probably skip B450 and look at either doing X470 or paying a major premium for X570 with PCIe 4.0.

The only difference I see between them is that the B450-E has two high side FE's vs only one on the B450-F for the Vcore. I'd assume that two is better than one, but honestly I don't know that it makes any difference much less enough difference to justify one over the other. I'd recommend going with whichever is cheaper, OR, going with a higher end X470 board if the power phase is that important to you. ALL of the B450 boards have 4 phases or less.

Reactions: Pupq1
Solution