Question Why is PC having more errors ?

tiancai

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014
Sorry, I don’t know where this should goes, so please move it to the appropriate section if needed. thanks

I have to reinstall windows after a failed attempt to copy SSD … I changed my cooler and added a 2nd SSD, no idea if it affects.

anyways, after the changes, my PC seems to run into more problem and very short freezes occurs (not a lot, but it’s non existent prior) and sometimes my internet is affected (like laggy or not connection till I restart)

I will occasionally leave my PC downloading games or rendering overnight, it always wake up without problem the next day.
However, now it always wakes with error message and sometimes my PC won’t respond to mouse clicks and Chrome is not responding. Internet seems to lag or d/c whenever I left it unused for longer than a few hours (say 5 or more hours). Sometimes I’ve to restart in order to use. I’m using cable btw, not wireless.

Specs:

Windows 10
Gigabytes b450m v2
AMD ryzen 5 3500 (using ‘default’ setting max at 4100 ghz)
Palit GTX 1660 Super
Klevv CL22 16gb RAM
SSD is Samsung 870 QVO (main) and Transcend SSD220Q (both 1TB)
I’ve 3 external HDD attached to PC, 2TB, 4TB and 1TB.

PC running around 40-50C on idle.

Any possible reason for the problem or did I accidentally hurt my mobo while installing the cooler?

tiancai

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014
Have you checked the health of all the drives attached to your PC?
Has your motherboard been updated to all the latest drivers?
What is the model name of your power supply?

Hi, thanks for responding.

I'm using a Cooler Master 550W Bronze.
I did a chkdsk (not sure if it's good enough) and I think the disk are all ok (at least no bad sectors and the scan if pretty fast, like within a minute)

I remembered I did updated the Mobo driver to the latest version after installing Windows.

Have you checked for any yellow warning signs in Device Manager?
When these short freezes occur do you have Task Manager open to see everything that is running in the background?
You could also try looking in Windows "Event Viewer" for clues on what is causing these problems.

tiancai

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014
Have you checked for any yellow warning signs in Device Manager?
When these short freezes occur do you have Task Manager open to see everything that is running in the background?
You could also try looking in Windows "Event Viewer" for clues on what is causing these problems.

I've "Resource Exhaustion" ... meaning I've low memory (RAM I assume) whenever I've Chrome and Photoshop opened. but I've 16GB of RAM...hmm...
I've tried to start Sims 4 with YT in the background but Sims4 just crashes. I've no idea how that happened! I've done that before (YT in the background while I play Sims 4).

The program chrome.exe version 97.0.4692.71 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Do you have Windows set to manage your Virtual Memory (Pagefile)?

If you go to "PC Settings > System > About > Device specifications > Installed RAM", is all of your 16GB usable?

00nu3gh3NepxijQlJm0xp4A-1.fit_lim.size_768x.png

tiancai

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014
Do you have Windows set to manage your Virtual Memory (Pagefile)?

If you go to "PC Settings > System > About > Device specifications > Installed RAM", is all of your 16GB usable?

00nu3gh3NepxijQlJm0xp4A-1.fit_lim.size_768x.png

Sorry for the late response, it shows installed ram as 16.0 GB with nothing beside it. It doesn't have that (15.8GB usable)