Question Why is Realtek HD Audio Driver in latest Windows 10 1093 update, just remove my speakers

Aug 14, 2019
So 2 days ago i just installed latest drivers for windows 10, and seems that on this new update + the realtek hd audio driver completely removed my speakers from audio devices list, its as if it never existed, i tried to plug to every single audio jack i have on my pc but it just doesnt appear, and the only reason that my sound came back is by uninstalling the realtek hd audio driver but it was just for one day, today i tried to plug in headphones, and it hit the fan. So realtek buddy came back and removed by mod it up all again, so i tried to remove it just like before but this time bastard was persistant and installed itself behind the scenes whitout ever noticing me, like i dont want roll back my windows update, because this update took me way too long to install, please does someone have a solution that would be great, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Where on earth did you source those "latest drivers"?

The only two sources you should ever use for drivers are either your computer manufacturer's support pages or the support pages for the maker of a given device (like your sound card).

It is also generally unnecessary to touch drivers unless something is not working.

Aug 14, 2019
Where on earth did you source those "latest drivers"?

The only two sources you should ever use for drivers are either your computer manufacturer's support pages or the support pages for the maker of a given device (like your sound card).

It is also generally unnecessary to touch drivers unless something is not working.

As it came to my understanding, i did rollback of windows update and guess what all sounds are there everything works just fine, but for some reason, even though drivers did seem to work in latest update, i heard no sounds coming from speakers, but headphones did work, so tell me why is that, drivers are not at fault here clearly something else is and i want to know how to fix it

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I didn't say the drivers were not at fault. Your original message was and is entirely clear regarding the source of the drivers you were using to update.

If those drivers were not downloaded from either your computer manufacturer's support pages or Realtek's support pages for the sound card in question that could very well be at the root of your problem.

Aug 14, 2019
I didn't say the drivers were not at fault. Your original message was and is entirely clear regarding the source of the drivers you were using to update.

If those drivers were not downloaded from either your computer manufacturer's support pages or Realtek's support pages for the sound card in question that could very well be at the root of your problem.

You still dont get it, i thought at first that it was drivers that were messing up everything, but its not it seems to be my speakers and the windows 1093 update, because with the same drives on previous update it worked normally, and my drivers were downloaded from microsoft update system, it seems as if my speakers are not compatible for this new update for some reason

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Speakers themselves, particularly those that plug in to USB ports or actual speaker jacks, are dirt common and function perfectly under Windows 10 Version 1903.

That doesn't mean, nor am I saying, you're not having an issue, as odd issues that are idiosyncratic to a given system happen. But this is not a widespread issue.

It would be really helpful to have a Speccy Snapshot:

Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications & Report Them to an Assistant

1. Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.

2. Run the installer you’ve just downloaded or unzip the ZIP file if you prefer to use the portable version.

a. If you choose to run the installer - Note: The Speccy free installer may now come with Avast and the Google Chrome browser bundled with it (or something else, what’s bundled has changed over time). Make sure that you UNCHECK the options to install any bundled software when you see the checkboxes during the Speccy install sequence. When you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.

b. If you go with the portable version just fire up Speccy from the unzipped folder location.

Regardless of which method you choose, you will be presented the Speccy Main Window:

main.jpg

3. From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item [or press ALT+F,B]:

file_publishsnapshot.jpg

4. You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:

publish_snapshot_dialog.jpg

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.

5. Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:

snapshot_url_dialog.jpg

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Note: If you want to save your system specs to a text file, at step 3 choose the Save as Text File option at step 3. This can be handy if you need to e-mail your specs.

TRENDING THREADS