Why is SP4 install hanging up?

I'm trying to install SP4 and it gets to the screen "Inspecting your current configuration" and just hangs there, without the status bar ever even starting to show any progress. I don't get any error messages. Is there a work around?

It could be the following issue:

307309 The Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service Hangs While It Is
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307309

Does it create a svcpack.log file when this happens? If so, what's in it?
Also, look at the end of your setupapi.log file to see if it gives you any
clues. Do you have enough disk space? Have you disabled real-time virus
scanning? Have you ran a chkdsk.exe /f command on the drive?

--
Emmers Presson [MSFT]