[SOLVED] Why is Steam stream limited.

Dec 6, 2018
I have a gaming capable computer attached to my TV. The TV is a lonely 720 P monitor. However the gaming PC is quite capable. It has steam installed. I want this team to stream to another steam PC, a laptop with a much nicer screen in another room. The computers see each other through Wi-Fi. Everything seems to work fine and I can stream all my games. However, I only seem to be able to get 720 P on the target machine when the computer can run a much higher rate. Is there anyway to get a workaround? Thank you.

Solution
i think you can only play on resolution of the display so if the tv is 720 that will be streamed, you can try to run DSR then put 1080p, but again i think it will send 1080p do be downgraded to 720p then send to stream. so maybe some "fake" monitor program but i dont know any. and it depends on the speed of the wifi/lan between computers (host and the stream) about 100mbps +

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
i think you can only play on resolution of the display so if the tv is 720 that will be streamed, you can try to run DSR then put 1080p, but again i think it will send 1080p do be downgraded to 720p then send to stream. so maybe some "fake" monitor program but i dont know any. and it depends on the speed of the wifi/lan between computers (host and the stream) about 100mbps +

Solution