Okay so I'll start by listing my specs:

Motherboard - Msi g41m-e43
CPU - Intel Quad Core Q9450
Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 650 1GB
RAM - 4GB DDR3
Power Supply - Vantec van-4600 (460W)
Hard drives - Seagate 160gb 7200.12 & Seagate 250gb 7200.10
OS - Win 10 Pro

The display is run through a 32" TV at 1366x768, 60 Hz.

Why would circles on my desktop explorer not by smooth? I'm not sure if it's my graphics card or something else that's why I posted it in this category.

I've installed all the latest drivers via GeForce Experience and all is good in game, but for some reason all circular objects like icons on the task bar seems to be...ridged(I think it's the right word).

Any fix for this or could it be because of my TV not being able to handle higher resolutions?

Solution
Run the ClearType tuner built-into Windows 10 to properly set the 2D desktop anti-aliasing (Adjust ClearType Text).

If you still can't get rid of the jagged edges, then unfortunately there are unusual arrangements in the RGB pixel structure of some TV panels that are just poorly suited for PC graphics.

Most monitors look like the left pic while TVs may add some white for extra brightness which breaks up the straight rows:
PictureQuality_Main2.jpg

or even arrange them completely differently in a way Cleartype is unable to handle:
Samsung-pentile-matrix-subpixel-closeup.jpg

Use a...
Run the ClearType tuner built-into Windows 10 to properly set the 2D desktop anti-aliasing (Adjust ClearType Text).

If you still can't get rid of the jagged edges, then unfortunately there are unusual arrangements in the RGB pixel structure of some TV panels that are just poorly suited for PC graphics.

Most monitors look like the left pic while TVs may add some white for extra brightness which breaks up the straight rows:
PictureQuality_Main2.jpg

or even arrange them completely differently in a way Cleartype is unable to handle:

Use a magnifier to take a close look

Reactions: Jaco147
Solution

Jaco147

Prominent
Oct 18, 2019

PictureQuality_Main2.jpg

Use a magnifier to take a close look
Thanks! I'll have a look tonight and let you know how it goes.