[SOLVED] Why is the difference between Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Exynos version and Snapdragon version so big?!

Mar 8, 2020
So I have seen a few reviews about the Samsung S20 Ultra as I am planning to buy it to use it for Prolonged gaming... but then I found out that there are 2 Versions of that phone that cost the same (in Egypt at least)... one with Samsung Exynos chipset and the other with Qualqomm chipset, checked a few reviews and noticed something annoying, the Exynos version is way worse in every way than the Snapdragon version... The Exynos version gets a lot hotter during prolonged gaming, more laggy, it's Camera UI is not as smooth as the Snapdragon's version...
As if these 2 versions are totally different phones!
And as I am currently in Egypt... I think I will get the Exynos version if I buy it....

So my questions are... why the Exynos Chipset they put in the samsung S20 ultra way worse than the snapdragon as if they are different phones? why would a company with good reputation like Samsung do that... why they don't make all their phones use Snapdragon CPUs or use only good Exynos CPUs that are similar to snapdragon's? And why do they limit the Snapdragon version only to the US? And what are the best phones that are like the S20 Ultra in terms of performance?

Last edited:
Solution
Snapdragon is also fabbed by Samsung but more expensive due to the Qualcomm IP contracts, so only the US market will support the prices apparently.

Snapdragon is a faster 4 core well designed CPU, while Exynos is an 8 core "not too bad" CPU, just not fast enough to compete in the US market with thousand dollar plus phones.

RealBeast

Titan
Snapdragon is also fabbed by Samsung but more expensive due to the Qualcomm IP contracts, so only the US market will support the prices apparently.

Snapdragon is a faster 4 core well designed CPU, while Exynos is an 8 core "not too bad" CPU, just not fast enough to compete in the US market with thousand dollar plus phones.

Solution

The S865 is 8 core too. 4x normal cores, 3x higher performance and 1x "prime"