[SOLVED] Why is the led allways on? Asus GTX 660 Ti

Apr 22, 2021
Hello! I own an Asus GTX 660 Ti, i've noticed that it has a green led on the back side( when it is installed in a build this side is facing upwards) and this little green led is all the time on, nomatter the state of my PC, on or off. When i switch the power from the power supply off, the led shuts down. Any ideas?

Solution
That's pretty normal behavior for a TV because imagine how annoying it would be if it shut off during a layer change of a DVD or otherwise whenever the screen goes briefly blank. Some brands do shut off automatically if no signal is detected for some time.

As for the green LED, I'd imagine it's like the single green LED on many motherboards attached to +5vsb that's there to remind you that it's powered, so that you should unplug it from the wall before attempting to remove any cards (in the case of PCIe it's indicating the presence of +3.3v standby). Usually it's a red LED that indicates a fault such as the power connector hasn't been plugged in
Hello! I own an Asus GTX 660 Ti, i've noticed that it has a green led on the back side( when it is installed in a build this side is facing upwards) and this little green led is all the time on, nomatter the state of my PC, on or off. When i switch the power from the power supply off, the led shuts down. Any ideas?
You have power to your card congratulations it's working properly

That's pretty normal behavior for a TV because imagine how annoying it would be if it shut off during a layer change of a DVD or otherwise whenever the screen goes briefly blank. Some brands do shut off automatically if no signal is detected for some time.

As for the green LED, I'd imagine it's like the single green LED on many motherboards attached to +5vsb that's there to remind you that it's powered, so that you should unplug it from the wall before attempting to remove any cards (in the case of PCIe it's indicating the presence of +3.3v standby). Usually it's a red LED that indicates a fault such as the power connector hasn't been plugged in

Solution
Yes, i was asking if this is wierd in any way because my TV(which i use as a monitor) isn't shutting down when i turn of my PC, i have to manually do it. Ty for the answer.
Exactly what bfg-9000 said the green light is a signal light saying hey power shut me off before removing card. Tv doesn't shut off because it's not a monitor it dosn't have a "sleep mode like a monitor" tv's are programmed slightly differently. Atleast the older gens the new ones are being desgined the same as a normal tv but also as a monitor.