Question Why is this and how can I fix it?

Gamingserious5

Honorable
BANNED
Feb 13, 2019
So when I just got my system a few months back, I ran minecraft at all maxed setting with render distance of 10 chucks at 100+ fps on my ryzen 3 3200g with Vega 8 and now I can barely achieve 60 fps with the same settings and render distance lowered to 6. Why is this and how can I fix this

Oct 17, 2019
So when I just got my system a few months back, I ran minecraft at all maxed setting with render distance of 10 chucks at 100+ fps on my ryzen 3 3200g with Vega 8 and now I can barely achieve 60 fps with the same settings and render distance lowered to 6. Why is this and how can I fix this

Make sure all your drivers are up to date. Did you buy your system used? There might have been some OC that's not present anymore. Also I imagine even minecraft gets updates that make it more demanding and therefore doesn't run like it used to.

Also, if you're playing the Java version of Minecraft, I would recommend downloading OptiFine. This increases fps dramatically.

Gamingserious5

Honorable
BANNED
Feb 13, 2019
Make sure all your drivers are up to date. Did you buy your system used? There might have been some OC that's not present anymore. Also I imagine even minecraft gets updates that make it more demanding and therefore doesn't run like it used to.

Also, if you're playing the Java version of Minecraft, I would recommend downloading OptiFine. This increases fps dramatically.
I will check my drivers in a minute. Built the PC my self and did no over clocking. Still playing on the same minecraft update as when I got good fps. I am also already using optifine and was when I started. Thanks for the help