Why is this happening? (SSD, HDD being removable)

HWNoob2013

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys, how is it going?

I just changed my motherboard and cpu:

giga z170x-ud5
i7 6700k

the pc booted without issues BUT its detecting some of my storage devices as "removable". I already checked BIOS and "hot swap" is not enabled, so what can i do. I currently have

ssd 120gb (where windows is installed)
ssd 250gb (for games)
hdd 1tb (for general storage)

HWNoob2013

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

I didnt format at all nor did i install WIN 10 again. I just changed the hardware and it booted without any issues. But it shows the drives as removable and it annoys me lol.

HWNoob2013

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

I tried that man. Both are as "Better Performance" instead of "Quick Removal".

You know, WIN 10 tells me i can "Eject" them but when i try i cant. Its just that icon showing thats driving me crazy.

Are they connected in sata 3 ports 0-5? The other ports are asmedia controller so won't affect them. Did the eject go away for either drive? There's also the intel and asmedia drivers but those should have been installed already. You can try them anyways. Sometimes there is no fix and you can just hide the messages in the registry.

HWNoob2013

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

Hi k, thank you for taking time to answer man, i appreciate.

They are connected to the "standard" ports, not the ASMEDIA. No clue what those are, but i just followed the user's manual. The eject won't go away and yes, both are updated with the last drivers available on Gigabyte's website. Im guessing the only thing left to try is to format C: and reinstall Windows 10, but i dont know... I currently have no issues whatsoever, just that annoying sing...